Our Academy was inspected by Ofsted in December 2014. Our Overall Effectiveness was judged as being “Outstanding”.
All of the categories considered by the inspectors (Leadership and Management, Behaviour and Safety of pupils, Quality of Teaching, Achievement of pupils, Sixth Form provision) were also all judged as “Outstanding”.
The report is overwhelming positive, with notable comments including:
• “students achieve outstandingly well in literacy and numeracy, acquiring some excellent accreditation”.
• “outstanding promotion of students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development leads to their exceptional personal development”.
• “students’ behaviour is outstanding. The students are extremely polite and helpful.”
• “teaching is typically outstanding”.
• “students are prepared exceptionally well for their lives after leaving school through their outstanding progress”.
• “the school’s work to keep students safe and secure is outstanding”.
We are delighted that the report demonstrates the excellent quality of education provided by The Iffley Academy, which is made possible by a highly skilled and dedicated staff team and governing body.
We are very proud of the report, and I hope you will find time to read it.