The Iffley Academy is a warm and friendly school. We work together as a team in providing the best possible learning experiences for our students. We place a great importance upon the role of parents and carers. We recognise that they are our students first educators and as such, share with us a wealth of knowledge and experience, which supports us in personalising the approaches to learning we use with each student.
Staff are committed to developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents and carers and recognise that successful collaboration can increase the potential for success for our students. There are numerous on-going opportunities to support this development through:
• Regular communication via the options of the home/school book, email or telephone call, depending upon parental preference.
• Meetings to discuss IEP targets three times per year
• Annual review meeting once a year
• Post admissions meetings
• School assemblies, sports day and celebrations
• 6th form information meeting
• Numerous activities co-ordinated by the Student Wellbeing and Therapeutic Care Team